A special weekend of exclusive events and unprecedented behind-the-scenes access designed for Josef Chromy Wine Club Members.
Wine Club Weekend 2018
Following the success of the inaugural event in 2017, we are pleased to advise that the Josef Chromy Wine Club Weekend will return on 28-29 July 2018. The annual Wine Club Weekend is our chance to extend our gratitude for the ongoing support of our valued Members.
Once again, we have prepared an intriguing itinerary of events that will appeal to lovers of fine Josef Chromy wine! All activities are heavily subsidised for Members - bookings can be made using the links on the right.
Tickets available for the whole weekend, All Saturday, Saturday DAY only, Saturday NIGHT only, and ALL Sunday.
- Create your own glass wine tumbler in an exclusive glass blowing session at Glass Manifesto (limited to 20 people in groups of 4). Book here
- A Gin Clinic with William McHenry of McHenry Distillery - learn about the history of gin, sample and discuss the provenance of different gins and finish with a cheeky cocktail
- The Art of Sparkling - a signature Josef Chromy Wines experience, including a tour of the winery, sampling of new vintages from barrels and tanks and blending sparkling wine to your taste
- Saturday lunch in the Josef Chromy Wines Restaurant
- NEW ACTIVITY Museum wine tastings - it's time to update the tasting notes for the museum collection. It would be a shame to waste all of those opened bottles! Step through the wine tasting notes with Chief Winemaker Jeremy and revisit some of our popular styles as they age gracefully
- Croquet by the vineyard - bonus points if you don't spill a drop!
- NEW ACTIVITY The lakes on the property have recently been restocked, including some large mature trout. Club Members visiting for Wine Club Weekend are welcome to bring their rods and try their luck in our private fishery - no permits required
- Dinner at Timbre Kitchen, featuring local produce cooked over fire and coal. Non-Members are welcome at the invitation of Members.
- Sparkling Sunday brunch at Josef Chromy Wines
- Hop on the bus as we head west - enjoy a leisurely lunch and matched Josef Chromy Wines at the Hazelbrae House hazelnut farm
- Truffle hunting and farm tour with Henry Terry of Tasmanian Truffles (and the recent season of MKR!)
Transfers will be available from Launceston hotels as needed. Details will be confirmed once we have an indication of numbers requiring transport.